Heart Disease Expert Forum
SVT triggered by digestive issues?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SVT triggered by digestive issues?

Hello,
  I was diagnosed with an SVT a little while ago.. I had the classical episodes every so often but lately I feel like either gas buildup and/or pressure right below my left ribcage seems to trigger episodes.. A few minutes ago I bent down to pick up my kid after dinner and I felt like I pushed up that abdomen area and it triggered an episode.. This has happened in the past various time .. I just decided to postpone an ablation since my episodes decreased in frequency but I was wondering if there is any data that suggests gastric issues (I do have a hiatal hernia) especially gas buildup or bloating could potentially trigger SVTs.. Thank u very much in advance
No data to suggest a correlation between digestive issues and SVT. More likely, the symptoms you are feeling are just a premonitory sign that the SVT is about to start, but is not a causative issue. If you're having more frequent episodes, it might be time to revisit the idea of ablation
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity