Heart Disease Expert Forum
SVT triggered by digestive issues?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

SVT triggered by digestive issues?
  I was diagnosed with an SVT a little while ago.. I had the classical episodes every so often but lately I feel like either gas buildup and/or pressure right below my left ribcage seems to trigger episodes.. A few minutes ago I bent down to pick up my kid after dinner and I felt like I pushed up that abdomen area and it triggered an episode.. This has happened in the past various time .. I just decided to postpone an ablation since my episodes decreased in frequency but I was wondering if there is any data that suggests gastric issues (I do have a hiatal hernia) especially gas buildup or bloating could potentially trigger SVTs.. Thank u very much in advance
No data to suggest a correlation between digestive issues and SVT. More likely, the symptoms you are feeling are just a premonitory sign that the SVT is about to start, but is not a causative issue. If you're having more frequent episodes, it might be time to revisit the idea of ablation