Heart Disease Expert Forum
Scared and Worried...Tired of Wondering

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Scared and Worried...Tired of Wondering

I've had 2 heart caths in the past 7 yrs, several nuclear stress tests, regular stress/echoes, EKG's, bloodwork, etc.  Recently, I started with jaw pain, back pain and ephigastric pain.  They thought it was my gallbladder, HIDA scan determined 20% functioning so it was removed.  I thought "thank God" it's finally over...not!

2 days after surgery and the back pain, arm pain and jaw pain have returned.  What is going on?  I had a darn stress/echo last Thursday before my surgery.  My cardio saw no changes and my heart rate got to 190!  I asked if I should have another cath...he advised no, is he right?  I am scared.  

Where do I go, who do I turn to?  I like my cardio, but this is ridiculous!  I sit home waiting to die with unrelenting jaw pain (both sides) and chin pain, back pain (middle and upper) and all kinds of stomach pain.  Can you help?  Please give me some reason for hope.  
I am sorry you are having such trouble. Judging by your provided information, it seems that you have had a fairly extensive cardiac workup for your pain. If the catheterizations and stress tests have been negative, it is unlikely that you would have any benefit from a repeat cath. There are multiple issues that can cause pain as you describe though it may not be helpful to speculate without knowing what has been done to look into this. I think the best thing I could tell you is to try to work with your primary doctor to explore alternative causes of your pain which I am sure you have doing. Good Luck.