Heart Disease Expert Forum
Searching for a Cardiologist

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Searching for a Cardiologist

I had heart valve replacement in May of 97 at the Heidelberg, Germany University Medical Center.  I have a great German cardiologist who has taken care of me since this time.  However,I'm now relocating to Arlington, Virginia next month and will be looking for a cardiologist in the area, can you recommend someone or lead me in the right direction, ie; website or Medical Center?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,

Good luck with your move.  Two centers to investigate in your area would be The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore and the Washington Heart Center in Washington. I've listed their url addresses below.

www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hopkinshospital
http://www.whcenter.org/

Hope that helps.
My valve surgey was done at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Balto by Dr.Duke Cameron who is one of the top adult and pediatric heart surgeons in the world .Contact me by e-mail and I can tell you more including his phone number and e-mail address.d.***@****

I'm also looking for a Cardiologist / Surgeon to perform
Mitro Valve Repair - I'm originally from Delaware but now live
in the Wash DC area now. My cardiologist from Christiana Hosp
in DE., said they could preform the surgery at the Christiana DE. hospitaL but since I now live in the DC area. I may want to have the sugery performed in the DC area. He recommended the Wash Heart Center.

My delima is selecting a doctor. Since I'm not familiar
with the doctors here how do I choose one.  

When someone says a doctor is one of the top heart valve surgeons in the world. How is that determine and where can I find that
information. I'm not opposed to traveling to somewhere else but
I would think the Wash DC Center has some pretty good Heart
valve specialist as well, but how do I find this out.

Mark