I normally have high blood pressure which is being controlled by Avapro. I was admitted to hospital recently with an Avapro overdose. On admission to hospital my BP was 135/80, a few hours later it had dropped to 73/38. I already had a catheter inserted into my arm in case I needed medication. When my BP reached 73/38 a drip was connected to the catheter and quickly flushed through followed by another not quite so rapid flowing one. Over several hours my BP returned to acceptable levels. How low can blood pressure go, before one is in serious danger? (without medical intervention) I have been unable to find information anywhere. Thankfully I am fully recovered, and realise the danger of too much Avapro.
There is not strict answer to your question....it depends on the individual. In the hospital we watch for changes in the amount of urine you make, changes in mental status, and changes in some lab values. People with blockages in heart, kidney, gastrointestinal arteries (among others) will suffer symptoms at higher blood pressure than most young healthy people. If this was an accidental overdose, you may want to buy a pill dispensor to help you keep track of medications. You should not change the doses or take extra medications without your doctors supervision--but I am sure you know that.
That is about the best answer I can give. Please becareful with your medications and good luck.
You said you had an "overdose". I found out that once in a while high BP meds do a reverse on me. I take the same dosage, same time every day and all of a sudden I feel like I took 10 tranquelizers at once, and my BP is around 100/60, and my pulse is 40 (I take no beta blockers) but my BP never went below 100 syst. Doc said not to worry because it does not happen very often, but in your case your BP was way much lower than mine ever was.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.