Sharp Pains In Left Arm & Side Of Chest (Heart?)
I am a 19 year old female, weighing 160 (mostly muscle) standing approxamately 5'7'', and about 3 months ago, I started having sharp pains in my left arm, the left side and middle of my chest. I have no insurance, so there were no doctors to help me. I went to the urgent care for my area and they did an EKG and a Chest X-ray, they were very thorough (NOT) and they said they couldn't find anything, and that it was "probably" either a pinched nerve, torn muscle tissue or some sort of inflammation. They gave me a prescription for vicodine and sent me on my way. It helped for a while (maily because I took more than recommended and was probably high) but about 3 weeks later, I revisted with the same symtoms, only worse, and they still couldn't find anything. So now I owe about 1000 dollars in useless help and I still don't know whats wrong with me.
To this day I still suffer from the same pain off and on, and sometimes it travels into my shoulderblade, and usually either occurs suddenly or is a result of stress. Much like you, alcohol is also a big reliever of my pain and seems to be the only method for staying pain free. Eventually its going to detroy some other vital organ in my body, so I really don't want to continue to rely on such a hazadous methods, but it seems as though its the only thing thats worked. I also smoke, but for the most part, lead a pretty regular life. It's very nerve-racking to be so unsure about a pain so severe which in turn, causes me to stress which results in further pain.... It's a medical run around!!!! Any suggestions?