Heart Disease Expert Forum
Short PR Interval.

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Short PR Interval.
What is it and why does it cause an abnormal EKG? Can it be something that comes and goes? Thanks.
A short PR interval means that it falls below the normal range of 0.12 - 0.20 seconds (a normal PR interval). A short PR interval is classically referred to in the context of early pre-excitation/accessory pathway (i.e. Wolf Parkinson White syndrome) in which there is early ventricular depolarization via an accessory pathway (atrio-ventricular conduction) which makes the PR interval appear shorter. If there is no evidence of a pre-excitated state, it may just be a normal variant.
i also have a short PR interval and my cardiologist is telling me that i have bouts of irregular heart beats and PAC's.