Heart Disease Community
Shortness of breath, pain in arm, upset stomach
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shortness of breath, pain in arm, upset stomach

Last night I began my new exercise routine, which i decided will be a 4 mile bike ride every day. Throughout the ride last night i had shortness of breath, hot feeling in my arms, an upset stomach, a fast pulse, burning in my chest, and pain in my arm. the pain in my arm is worsened if I press on it, and when I get the hot feeling in my arms my circulation is incredibly fast. (my doc taught me a test where I press on my fingers and see how fast they turn pink.) I did the same thing today, had the same symptoms. The symptoms seem to be far worse at the beginning of my exercise, they go away with rest and they often go away while i'm still exercising. I know what you are all going to say, "go to the doctor now!!!" well my mom refuses to take me to the doctor because I went to the cardiologist a month and a half ago and was told i'm fine. I have had 5 ekg tests at different doctor's offices, had blood tests, echo test, no problems. i've got asthma but that would only explain the shortness of breath and chest pain, I don't have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, i don't smoke cigs or drink, and I am young. I am not used to exercising with that level of intensity though, I usually just go walking but decided to up the ante so I can lose weight. What do you think is causing these symptoms?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Congratulation on the lose weight determination. I am not going to say go to the doctor. Your Mom is right. It is normal what you are having if you just changed your walking routine to bike ride recently. Take a day or two breaks. Start over again, walk or bike, or best if you do both of them.  Build it up from 5 minutes and go every day a little more. I personally always preferred to go with time and not kilometers or miles. It was /is working for me better. Don’t think ever that is a failure if you can’t do what you wanted originally. You just need a new plan that your body also can agree with not only your mind agree.
Keep up the good work, best luck!
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There is an entity called exercise induced Asthma, here as the person starts exercise, the changes in the environmental air breathed in trigger an attack of asthma, causing cough and breathlessness. Have yourself evaluated for the same. This can be detected by a spirometry test and treated with inhalers.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Heart Disease Answerers
63984_tn?1385441539
Blank
Flycaster305
97303, OR
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
ed34
watford, United Kingdom
159619_tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon
Salt Lake City, UT
Blank
skydnsr
212161_tn?1418434895
Blank
heartfluttersflyawayplz
hoschton, GA
Blank
Occupant
IL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
fessie1080 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 19
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Study finds laundry detergent pods,...
Dec 19 by gymdandee
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
AMP-activated protein kinase possib...
Dec 19 by gymdandee
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949