Heart Disease Community
Shortness of breath when I walk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Shortness of breath when I walk

I am diabetic and had an MI in 2000(India).The doctors put a stent.I have LAD.The doctors told me that I had another artery getting towards 70% blockage.I am on aspirin and diabetes medicines.I stopped taking statins regularly as they were a pain in my leg muscles.Every year, I take a maximal stress test to check my heart condition.
Since last week, suddenly I am having shortness of breath when I walk even for a short distance..like less than a block.When I take the nitro pill,I am ok. Now I am afraid to take the stress test...Do you think its my other artery (70%) ready for a stent?What are my options to consider before I visit my doctor today ?I am 40 and haven't been exercising regularly.But I am a vegetarian and try to control my diet.Could just medication work for me or will I have to go the catheter way?
Thanks in advance.
Hello all,
I am back from the hospital visit with three new stents in the RCA.(which is new to me).
Old stent is ok and the 70% is now 85%.The doctor did not even stress-test me.
Hence,if you are a heart patient and suffering from shortness of breath even while walking,just go to the doctor.You'll save your self. :)
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
federal health officials and the a...
10 hrs ago by gymdandee
How to burn the most calories
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
Sandman2 commented on Aluminum in Vaccines:...
Mar 31