Should I Get More Heart Tests Done?
I've had terrible symptoms of what my doctor claims to be anxiety for over a year, that include chest pains, shortness of breath every day, nausea, palpitations, seeing heartbeat in my eyes, neck throbbing and pain, cold feeling in my heart, weakness/EXTREME fatigue (feeling like my body's just going to shut down) and overall a constant, nervous-sick feeling right over where my heart is...it feels like it's dying... I've had an echocardiogram stress test and a CT scan of the heart done and the docs (2 different cardiologists) say nothing appears to be wrong.
I have been treating it for anxiety, which include lots of exercise, better diet, relaxing activities (yoga or stretching) and I've tried:
-propranolol (made me feel like i was going into heart failure),
-paxil (made symptoms worse, including severe jaw clenching)
-buspar (no change besides disturbing thoughts and dreams)
-various natural supplements
-xanax (only took when symptoms were abnormally severe, and worked; made me feel normal, which is VERY rare)
- I want to TRY gabapentin, because I'm hoping it's a neurological problem...but I'm scared because I usually have bad reactions to meds.

For the record I have also had a brain MRI and CT angiogram of my head which also seem normal.
Got my thyroid checked out and did some other blood tests a while back when I first started having symptoms, which also were all normal.

I want to believe it is a problem with my nervous system, as I also get dizzy and disorientated easily, and my eyes ache sometimes and I get spotty vision...I abused a LOT of drugs when I was a teenager, and I even had a couple of close calls (overdosing) on amphetamines... I also smoked a lot of what is called "spice" (a synthetic drug that was later found out to be quite dangerous)...
but right now I'm really afraid it's my heart, because I feel it right there!
Any advice?? I feel like I don't know where to turn...
If nothing showed up on those test more then likely its not. Have you had blood tests done or worn a holster?
Oh yea I have anxiety to its a very tuff thing to deal with it gets easier as young go on but you have to fight hard to pull yourself threw it I to have a lot of the same symptoms as you and was told it was anxiety but my test went that positive of an out come. But I thank god the days I'm here. Good luck and xanax is what I use but use in moderation because that is highly addictive and had severe withdraw from it.
It sounds like you've been checked out pretty well, I think I would trust my doctors. Also, there is a thought process that says the more tests you take, the more chance of a false positive which could lead to an unnecessary invasive procedure so you may have trouble finding another doctor willing to do further heart tests.

I would also not be too quick to get on Gabapentin. I spent a little time on that and it is a serious drug that can really mess you up. The side effects are very extreme for many so be careful what you ask for.

Jon
thanks for the comments. i have done some blood tests, i have not done the holter (halter?) test. i will keep treating it as anxiety and do what I can do.