Heart Disease Expert Forum
Side effects/drug interactions of catapres?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I'm taking catapres(clonidine)0.1mg tablet twice a day for hypertension and would like to know the side effects and the drug interactions with tenormin (100mg daily) and zestril (40mg daily).  If my symptoms get to bothersome can I just stop taking the catapres slowly and try another med?  Thank you.
Catapress (generic clonidine) can cause fatigue and tiredness.  There are no serious side effects between catapres and tenormin and zestril.  Your doctor can advise you what to do if the side-effects are bothersome.
I take .1 mg of clonadine a day, I am 15 and I take it with zyprexa 2.5 mg a day zoloft 200 mg a day ritalin 10 mg 3 times a day.  I take it for anxiety.  After I started taking it my blood pressure started dropping.  My doctor stopped it abruptly.  What can happen?!?