Sinus arrhythmia and anxiety
I have been having periods of really pronounced sinus arrhythmia lately.  I don't think it's PVCs because when I take my pulse while I'm feeling this way, there are no skips - it is normal but just a little fast.  What it feels like is this:  like I am clenching my stomach and struggling for breath, or taking small, short breaths and then my heart will feel all fluttery when I exhale.  I don't know if it's even my heart feeling all fluttery or if it's in my throat.  It is a weird feeling and one I can't really identify.  I can't get a holter or anything right now and it only seems to happen when I'm anxious.  Does this sound like sinus arrhythmia and if so, can sinus arrhythmia be caused or aggravated by anxiety?
HI Fearfactor!

Sounds like your going through a rough patch! I'm sorry about that. I hope that things settle down for you and you feel better soon! :)

I'm pretty sure that stress and anxiety can make it worse and wouldn't be a bit surprised if it weren't a trigger to start it up.

Maybe try a bit of relaxation techniques at lunchtime or break, then again in the early evening for a couple of weeks. ??? Good Luck.
i have sinus arrhythmia and I am told it is quite common especially in children and some adults.  If it is sinus arrhythmia when you breath in your heart rate will speed up and slow down on exhale and with mine sometimes there is a slight pause on exhale or an extra beat at the top of the breath. I have also beem told it is a sign of a healthy heart and not something to be concerned with at all.  I am no doc, this is just what I have been told. I have a few rhythm problems and they don't seem to be overly concerned about that, even though it othis helps.
I have sinus arrhythmia again now that my heart healed.  Interestingly they do say it is associated with young healthy hearts.

It seems more pronounced when I am anxious.  My heart speeds up as I inhale, slows way down as I exhale.  It's actually been watched on a monitor by doctors and nurses so I know it's nothing to concern myself with.  It can feel fluttery when I exhale because the slower beats are more forceful, at least, in how they're felt.
I have the same issue.  And as a previous poster mentioned, I notice when I inhale it's faster and when I exhale it slows down.

My family doctor told me once about intermittent Mitral Valve Prolapse syndrome and that it could be a possibility for my symptoms.  I recently found a support forum for those with MVPS (mitral valve prolapse syndrome) and their experiences are soooo similar to mine.  It was suggested to me to get a copy of the book, The Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome/Dysautonomia survival guide and I am telling you, it was as if this book was written about me.  My understanding is that you do not necessarily have to have MVP in order to have MVPS.  My echo came back normal so I do not have MVP but I have many of the symptoms of MVPS.

If you're interested, google it and see what you come up with.  Many sufferers of MVPS/dysautonomia have palps, tachycardia and anxiety.