Heart Disease Expert Forum
Sinus tachycardia.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Sinus tachycardia.

Posted By Francesca on March 11, 1999 at 20:03:00:

I have had what feels like a "heart fluttering". My Physician had me use an event monitor. I wore and the cardiologist got three readings and found that on the two of the three I in sinus tachycardia. He also found there were rare premature supraventricular complexes. What does this mean. I know what sinus tachycardia is and that is not uncommon to have. He said that this did not represent significant arrythmias. My physician told me to avoid caffeine completely. I still drink one cup of coffee in the morning. I can't give that up. But throughout the day I drink mostly caffeine free beverages. I just want to know what you think.
Thanks for any info.
Francesca