Heart Disease Expert Forum
Small aortic valve leak
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Small aortic valve leak

I am a 30 y/o male in the fire service for 7 years.  Two years ago I started having intermittent (sp) anxiety attacks and the great symptoms that go with them. I'm 6'+ and 215 lbs.  I do work out on shift and recently had a bi-yearly physical with a echo-stress test. As I started the test the cardiologist told me he noticed a small aortic valve leak, but not to worry?  As the test went on, I felt fine but they noticed that my B/P was up to 200/120 and my HR was only up to 155.  I wanted to keep going but per b/p protocol he pulled me off and to the table for the after echo.  He said the heart is strong and pics were good.  The valve leak was not any worse and my B/P came down relatively quickly.  But my resting B/P which I take every shift day is less than 120/80.  My initial B/P at the echostress was 130/90.  He saw no blockage and said not to worry, but had no explaination for my as he called it "labile hypertension".  Should I be be concerned about having a stroke working at a fire or an aortic dissection? Or did my anxiousness act up when he told me about the leak?