Smalllos ASD + (Size 0.3 cms)

My daughter (50 days old) was advised by the doctor to undergo a 2D Echo with Color Doppler test as she was making some noise.  The test results are as under:

Mitral flow:  E>A
Aortic flow: 0.9 mt/sec
Pulmonary flow: 1.5 mt/sec
Tricuspid flow:  Normal

Conclusion:  
Situs Solitus
Levocardia
Two atria
Two ventricles
Normally related great arteries
Smallos ASD + (0.3 Cm) Left -> Right shunt <1.5 : 1 Shunt
No Pah
Good LV/ RV function
No VSD
No PDA, No COA
Normal Valves

Seeing the above result, the Doctor has informed that there is a small hole in the heart (0.3 cm) and it will automatically close and there is nothing to worry about as of now.  The doctor advised a repeat of the test in next 6 months.

Given the above, my questions are:  a)  Is there anything to worry about here?  b) will it get worse than what it is today? c)  can I repeat the test before 6 months (lets say in next 2 to 3 months) d)  any remedy that you advise?

Thank you in advance for your inputs/ suggestions.

Regards
AM

This discussion is related to 6 mm VSD in 8 month old kid.
I would say that the doctor is probably right.  A lot of the time these tiny holes represent incomplete closure of an opening that is there when the heart is in the womb and doesn't use the lungs yet, so the blood from each side is mixed.  Once you start breathing it usually triggers a growth spurt in that area that closes the heart within the first few months.

Unless you see obvious signs of trouble, like your daughter turning blue or having trouble breathing, chances are it will close on its own.

Here's a good description of the "fetal" circulation and shunts:

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/Encyclopedia/Content.aspx?ContentTypeID=90&ContentID=P02362

You can always ask for a second opinion if you're not satisfied and if you're worried then you should do that.  It won't hurt to ask.