Heart Disease Expert Forum
Some clarification needed

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Some clarification needed

I think I just need a little clarification on some test results.  I'm not worried just curious what it means. I had a stress echo recently.  My history is I am a 33yr. old female with many arrythmias.  What do the following indicate- I excercised for 8 min, achieving 11 mets.  When I began my pulse was 85bpm and finished at 130bpm.  My blood pressure began at 90/60, and ended at 105/60.  I had a .5mm of horizontal st segment depression in inferolateral leads beginning in stage 2, and remaining a few minutes into recovery.  There was a note about my pulse and blood pressure not going up very much.  Based on what I have told you, does this sound like a good result. Is there any problems or abnormalities that you see.  It was amazing that I didn't go into a-fib, as I normally do anytime I exert.  

I would also like to know what it means to be NYHA class: Level 2. Does this have anything to do with either a subjective or objective rating of congestive heart failure or heart disease? Is level 2 pretty good?

I was also wondering what it means when it says heart:enlarged, non-displaced PMI. S4 II/VI SEM LSB?

I know this is alot to ask.  I really am interested and trying to understand cardiology a little better.  There is alot more to my history, I have written before, but I will spare you, and not go back into it.  Thank you so much.
Dear cn,
The stress test findings sound unremarkable.  You did not achieve a very high level of exercise and this will cloud the results somewhat.  If you were taking a beta-blocker at the time of the test thic could explain the low work-load.

NYHA is usually used to classify heart failure symptoms.  Class I is little or no symptoms and Class 4 is symptoms at rest.  I don't know why they are using it in your case except perhaps to describe the work-load achieved.

The findings you are describing are technical descriptions of the heart exam.  This is an essentially normal exam with a murmur noted  that could be tricuspid in nature.