Heart Disease Expert Forum
Something to worry about?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Something to worry about?

I was told today that the left side of my heart is enlarged, but I didnt get the percentages because it was my local doctor giving me the results as Im waiting to see the cardiologist in the next few weeks. I suffer from PVCs, high bp, weight issues and numbness in my left pinky finger along with fatigue and dizzyness. Im am only 26...He suggested that this could be a heart defect that and that I was born with this.

Should I be worried...is my time up right away? Or is there alot of bright things I can look forward too? Sorry for the lack of info on how enlarged the heart is. Im sure if it was very serious they would have me in right away..maybe..?

Thanks!!!
Hello, it is not possible to know how serious or life threatening the finding of enlarged heart is without much more information. The best next step is following up with your doctor and cardiologist. An echocardiogram, which is a detailed ultrasound of your heart, will be able to provide more information about your heart function, size, and valves. After that test and a thorough exam, your doctor can then provide information about what part of your heart is truly enlarged, and about any necessary treatment or prognosis. No need to panic or feel that your 'time is up' without getting much more information.