Heart Disease Community
Sore breasts

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Sore breasts

Is it normal to have sore breasts after a triple bypass. I had it done January 10 2008
Yep.  It's normal to have a sore everything after a triple bypass.  It'll get better soon.
Thanks.  I had a really great answer all ready to add here, but somehow it got away.  Just wanted to add that if the LIMA artery was used for a graft, the left side will be sore for quite a while, probably.  This is due to nerve damage done while accessing that particular artery.  You will get beyond "sore" and "pain" pretty soon, and be stuck with "different" for a long time.  Same with the leg, assuming that they harvested veins from there for grafts.  I had my triple back in 2003 and it still is different feeling.  Sort of a numbish, tinglish, sensitive feeling.  But, it can be gotten used to, and is not a real bother.

In a while, (6 or 8 years) you will all but have forgotten how much fun getting bypassed was.  Anyway, it'll be getting better each day, slowly but surely.  Hang in there.