Aa
A
A
Close
St Jude PM2210 pacer
Anyone know if the St Jude 2210 pacer has had problems?  What does it do if a-fib sets in?  Does it ever exceed its lowest set beat level spontaneously and do it for a day or two?  Can you set it off by bumping, showering, or an EMF field from radiophone, PC, or cell towers?  Sleeping on it, or high pitch sound?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
63984 tn?1385441539
You really need to contact your cardiologist and ask that the history of your heart beats be examined, and possibly have the pacer re-programmed.  There are features that can be turned up and turned down, cancelled, added...
I don't think pacers are necessarily able to control A-Fib.  Pacemakers are often inserted, I think, to keep the heart beating while strong drugs are used to control conditions like A-Fib.  I'd strongly urge you to contact your doctor and learn how your pacer is programmed.
I've had my pacer tweaked a number of times, but never because of micro-waves, sound waves, bumping it.  I'm left handed, and my pacer was inserted on the right side so I could continue to shoot my shotgun (skeet).  I'd relax about bumps and thumps, but do see your doctor to get it tweaked if you are uncomfortable.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands