Stage 1 Diastolic Dysfunction
I was recently diagnosed with Stage 1 Diastolic Dysfunction which they tell me was brought on by uncontrolled hypertension.   I thought my hypertension was well controlled with Micardis (40 mg.) but apparently, on mild exertion, my blood pressure can go as high as 160/90.  I go to physical therapy for lower back pain.  This involves some mild cardiovascular exercise (walking in warm chest-high water.)  I am wondering how safe it is for me to continue doing the mild exercise.

Thanks,

Terri
Well I was doagnosis with Diastolic Dysfunction in april after I had a Cath done. They didn't say what stage I had But I will be asking when I see my Cardiologists. Well he did start me in Cardio Rehab so ask your doc what type of exercise you should be doing. Good Luck!!!
Thanks for your post.  I'll wait to see what the cardiologist says I can do.  

Best of luck to you!

Terri

Well Good Luck @ Your Visit and I hope the Doctor find a good way for you to exercise on a daily basis. Are you taking any meds for this heart condition? I'm on meds for mine Diagnosis of Diastolic Dysfunction I just don't know what stage I never ask but I will ask @ my next visit.
My name is Robert ,
I was able to look at my Echocardiogram by a new internet service that allows patients to see all medical records , there was much I didn't comprehend, but at the end of the report was a list of conclusions,  one paragraph disturbed me , it stated : Grade 1A diastolic dysfunction with severe concentric left ventricular hypertrophy.  From other research on the net, I think what im reading is tellin me my heart is in the first stages of failing and the left side of my heart is enlarged , with these problem, my heart is not keeping up with the other side causeing pulmonary edema,  that explaining my cough and shortness of breath and chest pain ,Im not a Dr. And Im not scheduled for another appointment for awhile so Im hoping someone out there will tell me its nothing serious and my own interpretation of what I have read is incorrect.