Stent question
If a bare metal stent is going to close, is there any predictable time frame for that happening?  I just had two implanted a week ago; do I ALREADY have to be concerned about the possibllity or is it something that, if it is going to happen, would take a while?
I'm assuming you are on aspirin and plavix therapy.  There are really no guarantees, but blood thinners like aspirin and plavix reduces the chances of a blockage.  Yes, blockages can come quickly.  I've forgotten the percentages of restinosis, but they are less than 10%.  I'd urge you to start some form of exercise, quit smoking or using tobacco in any form, and stay on a low cholesterol diet, and try to reduce stress in your life.  I have eight stents, five of which are bare-metal, and only one plugged up enough to give me problems after three months.  I wouldn't worry about it, stress is your worst enemy right now!  Best wishes.  
I have similar concern. My bare metal stent in LAD is now thirteen months old. Untill now it has not troubled me. I am on blood thinners. But when I ask similar question to my cardiologist (and I have asked it several times to more than three cardiologists) he says that chances of restenosis cannot be totally ruled out. He mentioned something like "late restenosis" which can occur even after an year.

Though I have learned from this forum that the stent is safer from restenosis if it does not get occluded within eight months of implant.

If you know of any study or paper on this subject??