Heart Disease Expert Forum
Sternum pain from fall after surgery
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sternum pain from fall after surgery

Hi,

I had open heart surgery 2 months ago.  I got knocked off my bike by a slow moving car. I got minor a leg bruse from that.  But, I began to feel a pinching pain in the lower right side of my sternum 1-2 days later  The pain is a 3 out of 10.  I feel it mostly when I turn my upper body to the left, no pain turning to the right.  Is this a concern?  I realize I my have jolted my system...should I get x-rays done or let it heal?

Please write back soon.  The problem is, that if my doctor finds out, he may not sign my release to get back to work on April 15th.  I'm down to my last savings.  I can't afford to wait any longer to get back to work. I have a family to support.

Thank you kindly,

Gary