Heart Disease Community
Stiff heart, what the heck is that?

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Stiff heart, what the heck is that?

My cardiologist told me today that I have a "stiff" heart, stiffer than most peope's.  He said it has problems staying in the "resting" mode.  I asked how you get this, and he said it could be from a number of things.  Then I asked himif it could cause rapid heart rate (I've been hospitalized for out of control heart rate, throwing PVC's) and they don't have a clue as to why this happens.  My blood pressure will rise significantly too. Today, at the cardiologist,s my pulse was 166, and blood pressure was 175.101, I have never had any heart problems until just recently.  I asked him if this was dangerous, and he said that it can cause water retention, which it's doing.

Will it get worse, like, will it get so stiff that it won't work anymore?  I have never heard of this in my life, and he didn't seem all that concerned, although, he wants me to wear a holter next month (2nd time) to try and figure out why my heart rate goes out of control periodically.

Any comments would be appreciated.