Stomach Pain After ByPass
My 77 year old Dad  ad bypass surgery 8 weeks ago and is doing well given his age -- he is walking and doing phydical therapy with weights, etc.  He has lost his apetite and is rqapidly losing weight --down to 219 from  240 --all good I think.  The issue is he has stomach pain all of the time - and it is intense and he is very upset by it.  He has been to his primary care doc and they want to do some tests -  colonoscopy, etc -- he had those a year ago.  I feel like its anxiety causing it -- he is very anxious and extra worried about everything -- he is taking a low dose of Xanax along with other normal drugs post op -- statins, coumidin, etc,

Any ideas what this pain might be from and is it typical?
Glad to hear that your father's doing well with walking and a therapy/exeercise program.

Are his bowels moving regularly? The body is shut down during bypass and this sometimes creates problems with the digestive/gastrointestinal system,
plus the pain medications can be quite constipating. Did he have any digestive issues before the surgery--like irritable bowel or gastritis?

Have the doctors been closely monitoring his clotting (INR) since he's been on Coumadin? (Is he taking his medication regularly? I know for my Dad, who is older, forgetting to take his Coumadin is an ongoing problem).

I'm not a doctor and I don't know how common this kind of pain is and what would be the most typical causes. But I do know that my good friend's mother, after having a heart attack as well as a bad stroke at the same time, had a lot of abdominal pain.
The situation is obviously different from your dad's, but the similarities are age,
both being on Coumadin, and both having cardiovascular disease.

She had considerable cognitive loss because of the stroke, so I think the doctors and everyone else kind of tended to minimize the risks and didn't really work her up as much as they could have to see why she was moaning all the time and what was really causing the pain. (My friend agrees). She ended up with a bleed and died within 2 days. (They don't know if it was an aneurysm or a GI bleed or what)

I don't say this to scare you, or to suggest that that's what's going on with your Dad.
I just know what my friend would say--Do everything you can to get your Dad a colonoscopy and if they suggest it, other tests as well. Anxiety can cause lots of digestive issues, but best not to assume that's what's causing this and be on the safe side.    

Please keep us posted as to what you find out! Take care of yourself, too. I can be worrisome, I know. Both my folks had heart surgery within 6 months of one another.
There are so many things to learn and so many unknowns. Thank goodness for the forum!