Heart Disease Expert Forum
Strange Hearth Rhythm.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Strange Hearth Rhythm.

Freaking out. This has been happening to me at least 1-2 a day and sometimes in bed, hearth goes into a funny rhythm. without exercise or anything.
I'm really concerned I'll do my best to describe what happen. I was sitting checking my heartbeat it was Fine, normal. 60BPM - But When i checked my heart beat whilst Holding my breath it went into a really fast irregular heartbeat rhythm instantly BUT only for a 1-2 seconds until i breathed out. Went Straight Back to 60bpm instantly it was odd, very very strange.
Sometimes it happens without holding my breath. Like i could be sitting on the computer and feel something in my chest and check it, its odd.

Maybe it was not increasing but adding extra beats to seem like it was increasing right? When this happens i can feel it in my chest, like something is moving, i thought it maybe gas, but i felt it it wasn't gas but maybe Is it PVC, heart flutter?? I'm really concerned, when i get this odd heartbeat for a few seconds i fear it might not go back to normal rhythm or have a cardiac arrests. I'm 22 with normal health Tests. Not Diabetic, Cholesterol is Normal, not anemic etc no histroy of Family Heart Problems.

Generally speaking, the best way to catch palpitations is wearing an event monitor. This will record these event to help determine exactly what they are. Given that they are both sporadic and brief, this would be a good way to proceed.
3 Comments
Blank
Can i also add, i have suffered from anxiety and panic in the past with anxiety about my heart.
Blank
I have suffered from anxiety and panic in the past with anxiety about my heart. I have had these feelings in my chest for a year. I used to get them when i was young to also I get these feelings in my chest when i am nervous or anxious to, its very brief and instant.

There's no Pain, Dizziness, passing out. Should i Be concerned?. I have had two ECG's this year which were normal and a 24 hour monitor which was normal to but i didn't have these symptoms then. Main worry is if Can i go into Cardiac Arrest while having these or die with a underlying condition with the heart.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank