Heart Disease Community
Strange Symptoms after Catheter Ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Hi everyone, I recently had my second catheter ablation done not too long ago, (about 5-6) days go to be exact. The First one I had was in November of 2008 to treat my WPW and it was successful. I went back to my regular routine working out and such when, for no reason, after I did my final lift I felt as if something went horribly wrong in the upper right part of my heart. My heart started to race and then would slow down and felt as if it stopped and then would race again. I ended up in the emergency room a few times afterwards because I had many attacks in which my heart would do the same, and my extremities would go numb. Many believed they were panic attacks, which after several tests at the cardiologist's office, was completely wrong. I had my second catheter ablation a few months later because the metoprolol  didn't do anything to correct the problem. However, after the procedure was done I started to experience some strange symptoms such as a dry cough that it is induced everytime my heart feels as if it has an air pocket in it (I'm not sure if that makes sense.) Everytime I take a few steps down the street I begin to feel light-headed and dizzy and my heart starts to work very hard, it feels as if it is doing too much just to sustain a little amount of stress to it.I will suffer from shortness of breath and have even lost my appetite.The doctor said that during the procedure he burned about 14 points of interest and deemed that my condition was onset by what is known as Atrial Fibrillation-but as an addendum to that he added that  he wasn't sure if my condition would go back to normal.Could it be that even though the surgery was successful my condition still remains or worsened in my case? Are any of these symptoms related to the procedure, or is it likely they stem from something else?My doctor says  that my heart is healthy overall, but I know my body well enough to know when something is wrong. I used to play football in high school along with track and field, swimming, and weight lifting, so I know the kind of stress I use to be able to put on my heart and now, simply walk is enough to almost make me pass out. Please any help would be greatly appreciate in determining what might be wrong, if there is anyone else out there who has had similar symptoms. Thank you.