Strange sensations in legs. Anyone else experience this?
This a sensation I feel in my legs after exercising (even after a short walk; less than a quarter of a mile) or taking a hot bath. It feels like my legs, all the way from top of my thigh and down to my ankles, are twitching and popping internally. To clarify, even though I said it felt like my legs are "twitching," the sensation cannot by seen (like a muscle twitch), it can only be felt internally. This sensation happens all over, continuously, popping all over like little tiny explosions, for about 15 minutes until it subsides.

To be clear, this sensation ONLY happens after exercise or when my legs are soaked in hot water. It's not something that can mysteriously arise. I know what triggers it. Also, the sensation is not painful. So I think we can rule out some type of spasm.

I wanted to know if anyone has ever experienced anything like this before. I once read a thread on this website where people were talking about a similar sensation to this one, but I did not know where it was posted, and I doubt the thread is still active.

The reason why I posted it in the heart disease section is because this seems vascular in nature. I've also been experiencing heart palpitations daily for the past 6 months.

A little information about me: I'm 22 years old. I first noticed this symptom when I was 18 years old. I've had an EKG done in the past, and there is a slight abnormality that comes up, but my cardiologist said it was nothing to worry about. I've had several echocardiograms done, and they have all come back within the normal range.

I've been to many doctors, not just cardiologists, to explain this symptom, and no doctor has any clue what the hell I'm talking about. It's really frustrating. Most just say, "sounds like muscle spasms" or something. But this IS NOT a muscle spasm.

On a side note: I suspect this could all be thyroid related perhaps.

Anyway, I wrote this with the hope that there is someone else out there who has experienced the same thing and has found out the cause of it.
Yup, I get this all the time and have for the last 10 years probably (26 now).  I never brought it up with the doctor because I never thought much about it.  Like you, I get it after even just moderate exercise like walking and it subsides in maybe 15 minutes or less.  Let me know if you find anything else about it, but I wouldn't worry too much if the doctors can't find anything.  Although, like you, I have a possible thyroid issue so maybe it could be related to that?