Aa
A
A
Close
Strange symptoms,invasive tests and still no answer.
EGN
Hi-
I am a 24 year old female with virtually no disease. I have recently been hospitalized for almost a week, after what appeared to be a heart attack. After echocardyograms,chest x-rays, a sprat test ( not sure what its called), CT scan, and eventually a test( through my arteries) which sprays dye to find out if there is any blockage. Everything was normal, except my Troponin, which was elevated. Due to lack or blockage of arteries, I was diagnoses with possible myocarditis. However, after being discharged, I have experienced worsening symtoms (1 week).
The "episodes" as I have deemed them start and develop as follows:
* sweating
* numbess of left arm
* pressure and pain in my chest area
* dizziness
* shortness of breath
* and general weakness ( of all extremities)
Needless to say, the one which brought me to the hospital was the worse, and also included pain to my jaw, jugular vein, and neck. Afterwads, I am usually exhausted.
Since then, new symptoms have developed:
* blurred vision ( on both eyes)
* weakness of legs and also right arm
* nausea
I was given colchicine, which really seems only to give me side effects rather than help. And was initally tested for congenital heart disease and lupus ( both came back negative).
As you can imagine this episodes have become debilitating and on a daily manner.
After all the details, I guess my question is... What can it be?  And if it is simply pericarditis or myocarditis, how long does it take to limit itself? Are we talking about months, weeks, years?
Please, any insight and suggestions to further persue will be greately appreciated.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764