Stress Test with Thallium
Has anyone had this procedure?  Should I be concerned about the radioactive Thallim which is injected via IV during the exercise test?  I've been told it's less than an xray, but I say it's passing through my veins and going direly through my heart.  How long does it stay in the body?  What side affects occur from it's use?  Is there anything else that can be used?  Any other test that will tell you the same thing?   Is this what is juse for kidney stone tests?  Please help...my test is schedule for Monday, 9/15.
I've had this test done many times, and it is not a porblem at all.  Great non-invasive way to determine whether or not your heart is getting the oxygen it needs.  I have done this test at least 6 times, and have never had any side effects what-so-ever.  I have had numerous tests done, and this is the only one that has proven reliable short of a heart cath.  If you think you are having heart problems, and want to find out, I recommend.
JKJ
Likewise,  I've also had this test too many times to count...and I don't glow yet!  It's a very safe test.  Hope your test turns out well.