Heart Disease Expert Forum
Stress thallium vs. stress echo
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stress thallium vs. stress echo

My question has two parts. The first is, which test is more accurate to determine cornonary blockages, the stress echo or the stress thallium? One doctor told me they have the same accuracy rate, but it seems that doctors more often go with the stress thallium in determining whether blockages are present. Why? About 3 and half weeks ago I had a normal stress echo, but I'm wondering if I should have had the thallium. Can I rest assured that everything is clear if my stress echo was normal? The second part to my question is, I have PAC's all the time and I'm wondering why they occur more often when I do things like bend over, turn over in bed or belch? They also occur more often during exertion. Why does this happen? This all makes me wonder whether the stress thallium would have been a better test because I want to make sure my PAC's (I had 3 PAC's during my stress echo)
  aren't being caused by ischemia. How do I know for sure that's not the case without having an angiogram which I refuse to have unless I have an abnormal stress test because that test is too dangerous and scarey. Plus, I'm sure my doctor won't give it to me anyway. Thanks.