Heart Disease Expert Forum
Strong fast pulse and back pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Strong fast pulse and back pain
I am a 28yr old female and I have osteogenesis imperfecta type III.  About two months ago I started having moderate lower back pain, so I figured it was really nothing.  But after a month i went into the er and they did a pelvic exam, blood tests, urinalysis and abdomen x-rays and couldn't find anything, so they told me that it was muscular-skeletal probably. But now for the past week I keeping having a strong rapid pulse that can be felt throughout my body.  It is really strong in my stomach.  And also in the past week have developed pinprick like sensations that are generalized. What could be wrong?
Luna,

Im not overly familiar with OI.

A brief literature serch revealed some evidence of valvular dysfunction and a case report of aortic aneurysm with the disease.

A lot of different things could cause the symptoms you are describing as they are relatively nonspecific.

I think a thorough history and physical with yoru physician would be a reasonable start to help guide what the next step would be.

good luck. keep us updated.