Strong heartbeat chest
Hello.

I'm a 20 year old male, and last months my heartbeat is very strong, i don't know why! But i can see it in my stomach/chest .. When i walk up the stairs to my room and i sit down on my chair, and watch my heartbeat i can see it pulse really hard .. It looks like it wants to come out of my body .. Really strange, so I went to the docter and he said some people have stronger heartbeats then others, but he did send me to the hospital for a ultrasound of my stomach .. The results where good, they told me i had nothing to worry about ..

But after that i searched on the internet about it .. And i saw only really thin/skinny are able to see their heartbeat, and im not thin at all (16.5 stone and 6.07 feet) so im overweight. But i still can see my heartbeat really well .. In rest, but like i said before, if i walk up the stairs its pulsing really hard. (not fast but hard/strong) .. My whole stomach shakes.

So i have a few questions ..

- is it normal for people at my age?
- If the docter made an ultrasound of my stomach, does he know everything is allright in my chest aswell?
- If its normal, why can i see my heartbeat? As everyone says only skinny people can.

I was scared for a heartattack after my dad died on one .. I'm still a bit scared, but not that much as i was before .. Could that be the reason?

Thanks allready, sorry for my bad english, im not from England.
Hi -
I'm male, 30, a little heavier than you and about the same height.  I can see and feel my pulse "all" the time.  It is very visible in my stomach and if i lay still i can see the left side of my chest vibrate as well.  According to every heart test my heart is healthy (except for some "benign" arrhythmia).  You are not alone!

Best of luck
If you have a strong heartbeat that is good.  I used to have a strong heartbeat when I was younger, but now it is much weaker. I used to see all my pulses and my heartbeat and actually when I was in school and we were learning CPR the students counted my pulse in my neck by vision alone.  With having heart disease in your family, you may want to get your cholesterol checked once a year.  The main thing is to keep your cholesterol down so that your arteries do not plug up.  A lot of young people can see their heartbeat and pulses.  If the stomach, however, starts pulsating then it should be checked for an aneursym as this is a sign for the stomach.  Sounds like you already had that test, so you should be okay.  Warning signs of heart attack are chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea.