Heart Disease Expert Forum
Sudafed and tachycardia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sudafed and tachycardia

I am a 45 year non-smoker old white male in good condition (5' 10" and 155 pounds).  I took sudafed for a sinus infection and ended up in emergency room with tachycardia.  I was also on Zocor and an antibiotic at the time.  Doctors think either the sudafed or possibly Zocor may be to blame.  Took Atenolol to slow heart down.  Had echo and all was normal.  Had nuclear stress test and all normal as well as EKG's normal.  I still have stinging/burning pain in my left chest area and left sided pain in abdomen, ribcage, shoulder, and collarbone.  Had upper GI and that was normal.  Hac CT scan and showed prominent prostate, distended bladder, and sigmoid diverticuli.  Had colonoscopy which was normal. Had hormone check for adrenal gland and that was normal.  Still have pain in left side and heart seems to pound.  I also have some lightheadeness, dizzyness, weakness at times as well as numbness and tingling of left arm/fingers.  I do not believe anxiety is cause.  I am not on any medication now but still have these pains after 8 months.  My doctors can't find anything wrong.  Any suggestions?