Heart Disease Community
Sudden blood pressure changes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden blood pressure changes

I have had high blood pressure for most have my life requiring three medications to control it.  About a month ago, I started to have extreme low blood pressure causing me to faint.  I have now been completely taken off two off the medications and the third will be stopped shortly.  I know this seems strange but with no other life changes, med. changes, weight loss etc.... why would my blood pressure suddenly go to the other extreme so quickly??  I have fainted three times, and remain hypotensive.  Should I be concerned?  My doctor doesn't seem to be and we are talking about 80/50 at times??  Should I worry it will rebound??  I had a slight stroke affecting my right eye sight only two months ago.
Related Discussions
This happens to me about every year or so.  I drop from 120/80 to 90/60 and start to be tired all the time (never fainted, but probably close).  I decrease a med (I was on 4 at fairly high doses and am now on 3 at their lowest dose) and it goes back to normal for another year and then it gets low again.  I am attributing it to age.  My activity and diet don't significantly change over those periods and they are not always at certain times of the year.  The only rebounds I have had have been short lived and CAN be attributed to activity and diet (Christmas break especially when I don't go to the gym as much and eat too much junk)  Generally an extra dose of something for two days and a return to the regular routine gets me back to 120/80.  I have never had to increase back to an old dose.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
ejoli commented on orphanedhawk's status
58 mins ago
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
gymdandee Great Comment
10 hrs ago