T.E.D.S
There are losts of different information about how long a recovering bypass patient has to keep on the support stocking (TEDS). I thought it would be a good idea to ask people who have gone throught he operation.

Thank you for your help
In my experience, once you are up walking around, you don't need them, unless the leg where the vein was harvested becomes swollen, and then it is a good idea to continue for a few weeks longer.   Sometimes just elevating the leg when sitting is enough.
My daughter's new father-in-law (what do we call him?) has multiple health problems and was told to find some TEDS. But where? And do they come in different colors, tightness? Are they different from compression stockings (which I thought were only by prescription)?
I think a good medical supply store..........you have to be fitted for them.  Medicare should pay with a script....they are a pain to put on, though, and they are ugly and hot..........thigh high are the best.  Most people aren't that motivated.
Uh-oh. Difficult to put on? Then I doubt it will happen. He has some neuro problems that are progressive. My hubby helped him button his shirt, put on the tie and shoes at the wedding. I guess his wife could put on the stockings each day if needed. Plus, he's a large man. I think he should probably talk it over with his doc and get something that will be user friendly but helpful too. I wore panty hose for the wedding (gasp!) and they were bad enough. Thanks for the info though.
We have been looking into TEDS for my dad and if you search the internet for "Support Stocking Applicator" a list should appear for a "gadget" that can help with putting TEDS on. We did not invest in any as my mum has now figured out how to put them on for my dad.
I wanted to get some support or compression stockings for myself, but I could not find any to match my skirts. Hardy har thare, but my legs and ankles do swell. However I was scared when I read the directions for what they were used for. I think venous insufficiency and abnormal lymph drainage/circulation is what the hose were for. However it said do not use if you or your doctor suspect poor arterial blood supply to your feet and legs. I know that more than likely I have PAD, cause I have CAD and claudication in my calves.

It made sense to me that these compression hose or whatever could very well represent a restriction to blood flow to my big toe and all down there :) So I take Lasix and hang around bathrooms.

I have heard of men wearing women's panty hose. Ah I think that was to keep warm during hunting, my mind is just off a bit today :)

Jack