Heart Disease Community
Tachycardia and MSG and it's counterparts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I am a 56 yr old woman in good health, 110 lbs, with 5 food allergies and sensitivity to MSG, and artificial food colors. I am currently trying to establish a case with the EPA about a "fertilizer" that has been banned at one time in the US. It is called AuxiGro. The company used to be called Auxein, but because of the bad publicity, I guess (don't actually know for sure), they changed their name to Emerald Bioagriculture. They produce a "AuxiGro fertilizer " that is 29.2% straight L-glutamic acid. This is the same thing as MSG if you are sensitive. It is being sprayed on crops, when they are baby plants and the MSG or glutamic acid is going INTO the fruits and vegetables. You can't wash this off, it is INSIDE the fruit or vegetable. The medical community won't let you say you are allergic to glutamic acid, you have to be "sensitive". Therefore MSG is not considered on of the 12 major allergens....One of the lesser known side effects of too much glutamic acid in your body is tachycardia or arrythmia. In the last couple of years, as I am getting older, I am becoming more sensitive to glutamates, to the point where I can't boil meat in water, such as making chicken soup. I have learned that water + protein + heat = glutamates. I have learned that cooking meat with the bone creates glutamates. I have learned that citric acid, which is in many packaged items like soda, juice, and many other products, is glutamic acid with another chemical. Aspartame is also glutamic acid with another chemical. The food industry is poisoning us with glutamates. The FDA says that only 5-10% of the population is sensitive to glutamates. but those are the people who end up in the EMERGENCY ROOM. The rest of us go to the doctor with symptoms and there is nothing wrong with us, but we get put on a pill regimen. Yes, MSG and all it's counterparts is creating a whole boon for the medical profession, and it is true, doctors don't want to know about it, they just want to apply a bandaid, a pill, and make you a patient for life. Google "Dr Blaylock and MSG". simply type in MSG and see the web sites that have been created to educate the public about what is being put into our food, to make it "taste better" so we will buy it and eat too much of it. Glutamic acid is not a flavor enhancer...it is a nervous system stimulator. It stimulates the taste buds first, in your mouth, so every bite of that junk food "tastes better". Then it goes into your body and stays there for 5 days until your body can flush it out. You may feel excessively thirsty. When you get enough glutamate in your body, it can cause bowel and bladder problems, heart rhythm problems, migraines, other kinds of pain, even mood swings. Dr Blaylock is linking it to Alsheimers and other maladies. Glutamic acid is part of every protein molecule. When it is attached to the protein we digest it and it has little or no effect on us. However when food scientists create artificial glutamic acid and flood our food with it, we digest free radical glutamic acid 50 times more quickly than if it was still attached to the protein molecule, the way nature intended it to be. Besides the 12 names for glutamic acid in our food labels, there are ways that we can create glutamic acid on our own, such as baking for hours (pot roast), crock pot (cooking for hours) and boiling, such as soup. I finally got allergy tested at age 46 and also stopped as much MSG and glutamic acid as possible, and I have been sick only 1 time in the last 7 years. The problem is with this "fertilizer", AuxiGro. It was banned in the US and the FDA told Auxein that they could continue to make it as long as it was not sold in the US. So where did all this wonderful "fertilizer " go? Loads of it went to Mexico. I live in California and 60-70% of all the fresh fruits and veggies come from Mexico. I no longer buy any Mexican produce. I am starting to grow my own veggies. Emerald Bioagriculture is getting the "fertilizer" back into the US food chain. This is going to make more "sick" people, they go to the doctor and nothing is wrong but we are scared to death, of course MSG and glutamic acid causes striking side effects and it indeed raises our stress level, because we can't figure out how these symptoms are caused. We are healthy and not overweight and our heart is going nuts !!!! Jack Samuels, a person who has had anyphalactic shock 30 times because of glutamates, has created a web site called truthinlabeling.org, and there is a downloadable PDF that you can print and keep with you as you shop, it lists the most common (and less common) ingredients in food that contain glutamates. If you do this and start reading labels, you will find that over 50% of our food, and who knows about restaurants, is contaminated with some form of glutamic acid. The only way to get the public to recognize this is to use grass roots information and spread it around. If we don't buy the products with glutamic acid in them, or the imported foods that may or may not have the fertilizer in them, then maybe our food supply will get more natural. I doubt it, but it's worth a try.
0%
 (0) 
heart rhythm tachycardia arrythmia
0%
 (0) 
msg and side effects
0 Members voted
Tags: tachycardia, MSG, L-Glutamic Acid, Side effects of MSG, unexplained symptoms, Dr Blaylock, truthinlabeling.org, msgmyth.com, Pain, Heart, high blood pressure, Health, glutamic acid, Allergies
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Rhythm abnormalities like atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachyarrhythmia and ventricular tachycardia have been associated with MSG. Besides this other food additives like disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, ribonucleotide and sodium benzoate have also been known to cause cardiac symptoms.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for your input. I did not know about sodium benzoate or the ribonucleotide. What is ribonucleotide most commonly in - food or something else, like a pharmaceutical product - or ?? I don't  think I have seen that ingredient. I have found out recently that there are 2 more culprits - citric acid and aspartame, which contain a percentage of L-glutamic acid. These 2 additives are in many many processed foods, sodas, salad dressings, even some baked goods, where citric acid is used as a "preservative" in shortening. In diet sodas there are 2 kinds of "msg" - citric acid and aspartame. I have only found 1 soda without citric acid in the general line of sodas in the USA - Dr. Pepper. There are some "knockoffs" of Dr. Pepper, for instance, in the supermarket brand line of sodas, but you have to be careful and read the labels - you can't assume that the imitation "Dr; Pepper" will be the same ingredients as the "real" Dr. Pepper. I have also found, for instance, that cranberry juice does not have citric acid, but cran-raspberry juice or cran-pomegranite juice from the same manufacturer DOES have citric acid. It is like a puzzle for me every time I go to the supermarket. I spend a lot of time reading. And then some manufacturers print the ingredients so incredibly small, even with  my bifocals I can't read the ingredients !! I will sometimes ask a younger person to read something for me. Also, I have to watch out for shampoos - there are putting hydrolyzed silk protein in shampoos - with contains L-Glutamic acid - so now we have to worry about what goes on our skin as well !!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Agree with you, we have to bear the brunt of technological advances. Thats the reason more and more people are shifting towards natural ingredients and organic farming. Sodium Benzoate is a food preservative that is used in soft drinks and other acidic foods such as fruit pies, jellies, and jams. Ribonucleotide is a food additive. It is salty and savory just like MSG. It is found in many of the same foods as MSG. It is recommended that no food containing disodium ribonucleotides should be consumed by gout and asthma sufferers. Regards.