Heart Disease Expert Forum
Tachycardia,heart pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Tachycardia,heart pain

2 days ago I started to get heart pain and was very worried. I waited till the next day before going to the ER and They had a EKG done blood tests chest X-rays and they said I was perfectly fine but my resting heart rate was 100 the whole time I was there and the heart pain still persisted. They diagnosed me with orthostatic hypotension and tachycardia. I have a follow up tomorrow to diagnose the type of tachycardia but I'm still worried about the heart pain as they never told me why it hurt. I'm a 16 year old male I'm 6 foot 7 264lbs. I am wondering why I would have consistent heart pain for 3 straight days and they told me its nothing serious or it would have shown up on the tests but to me sharp heart pain is serious. I'm very worried i feel like I'm going to have a heart attack at any given moment .  
I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulty.  This does not sound consistent with heart pain that might lead to a heart attack.  It would not be constant, it would be worse with exertion, it would be associated with shortness of breath.  One thing your physicians should consider is pericarditis, or inflammation of the lining of the heart.  This can be constant, sharp, worse with breathing and with lying flat, and it can occur in a young person especially if you had a viral illness (such as a cold) in the past few weeks.  You should ask your doctor if this is a possibility.  It would be extremely unlikely that this pain is coming from your coronary arteries unless you had some type of congenital abnormality involving your coronary arteries.  These are very rare and often aren't dangerous.  But if no source is found, it might be worth asking your physician about a CT scan of your coronary arteries to rule out an anomalous coronary artery.  Hope this helps, best of luck!
Had the follow up and the doc basically did not  know what to tell me he referred me to a cardiologist. The heart pain still persists on day 4 and today I developed a dull pain in my left arm I know your veins can't hurt but that's the best way I could describe it . I noticed this morning when I woke up it wasn't as bad but soon after it got back to the sharp pain. My bp was 140/88. This is becoming very debilitating. I feel like every second of the day I might die. I have anxiety which I think is amplifying all these symptoms. I feel like I'm at my wits end and I can't deal with this constant pain. The doc told me to take Tylenol 500 2 tabs because of my size and it seems to help so maybe that makes me think its muscular? I really have no idea at this point and anything would help me atleast feel a little better about it.
hello, Im sure you are prolly fine...ur heart rate isnt up real high..mine gets up to 180 , but i have svt...and it can be very scary ....anxiety could be making you feel worse, and u can get chest pain from anxiety as well...just try not to worry ...if it keeps happening try goin to a cardiologist...at least he can ease ur mind if anything....try a low dose of baby asprin as well :)
Had a ultrasound of my heart yesterday and they said everything is fine. The cardiologist suggested it was nerve damage so I have to go see a neurologist. Pain is still here but atleast I know it's not my heart. Thanks for the reply