Teen with Heart Problems
My sixteen year old daughter complained of fainting, dizzyness and shortness of breath and was referred to a cardiologist where tests were performed and after the testing was completed an appointment was made for a stress test and to recieve a holder monitor to be worn for 24 hours.  During the 24 hours my daughter had a heart rate of 150/160 and had an episode of shortness of breath which was a very scary experince for her (this happened in math class).  Once the monitor was returned I recieved an urgent call from her doctor informing me that my daughter can not cheer in Friday nights game and is on minimal activity and she will see a specialist Tuesday (9/18).  The doctor prescribed 25mg of atenolol to be taken once a day.  My daughter has taken one 25mg pill earlier this morning and has been in bed all day.  We have been what seems like a nightmare since yesterday, we were expecting that all of the test would be normal.  She is an extremely active teenager who is an cheerleader and plays soccer and is rarely sick.  

Is it normal to have these type of symptoms and what might they mean?
Sound like very urgent and serious.  I've never gotten a Dr rang me about the holter report.  Keep her as comfortable as you can.  I was diagnosed with wpw when I was 15 yrs old. Please keep us posting.  Take care
Our family has Long QT Syndrome and has those types of symptoms. It is treatable but for now I would definitely follow the doctors orders until you have seen the specialist. Yes, please keep up posted.