Heart Disease Expert Forum
Tenormin

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Tenormin

I take 25mg of Tenormin to help ease the PVC's. I have noticed that when I was taking Sectral in the Winter my hands would turn purple when cold. I just notice that the Tenormin is causing the same thing when my hands get cold (Raynauds). Does this mean I have to stop taking the beta blocker? I also have Rheumatiod Arthritis, which I thought could cause the Raynauds, but the more I read the more I realize I think the beta blocker is doing this to my hands. Is this harmful or can I continue taking the beta blocker as precribed? I am just surprised that a low dose of beta blocker can cause this. Thanks for your time. Roxanne
No, Raynaud's is not harmful and you do not need to stop taking the beta-blocker.  Your doctor may consider changing you to a calcium channel blocker however as this may help both the PVCs and the Raynaud's.