Heart Disease Expert Forum
Terril
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Terril

In August started waking up with periodic stabbing chest pains.  September 19th I went to the ER, was hospitalized overnight did an EKG & stress test, all came back fine.  Started getting SOB and the heart pain was lessening, but once again on October 19th ended up in the hospital.  They did an EKG, x ray and sent me home.  December 1st started getting really bad chest pains, went to ER did EKG, told me to see Psychologist (heart never hears when I am at the Doctors).

I am sitting here at work right now, horrible chest pains (which I have been waking up with for over 2 weeks now).  Feel like I am out of my body.  Feel like the walls are caving in, feel dizzy.  Do I head off to the ER again?

I am femals, 48 years old, 5'4".  Weight 161 - have gained 33 lbs since February. Am not stressed out (except for the fact that I have not felt good since August).  I did have acid reflux years ago so did think that this problem was because of that and have taken Prilos OTC since August.  My blood pressure was 140/90 the last time I was at the Doctors and I know that my bad cholosterol (sp) is 240.  I also have been working out at a gym for the past 4 months.  

Lastly,  I did just find out that I am carrying the gene for the disorder Anklylosing Spondylitis.  My Father has an extreme case of it.  I don't know yet if I have the disease, just know that I am a carrier.  Could this have anything to do with the Unstable Angina?