Heart Disease Expert Forum
Thoracic Aorta

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Thoracic Aorta

Please tell me what the following statement indicates:
  " Thoracic aorta is again noted to be moderately uncoiled."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Barbara
It is difficult for me to interpret a test without being told what the test is and what the clinical context is. The statement most likely refers to the fact that your thoracic aorta ( the blood vessel that leads out of your heart to deliver blood to the rest of your body) as visualized on some sort of x-ray or CAT scan has an unusual bend in it. If you are concerned, you should ask your doctor about the significance of this in your particular case.
I hope this has been useful. Feel free to write back with further questions. Good luck.
Information provided here is of a general nature.  Specific diagnoses and treatments can only be made by your doctor.  If you would like to be seen at the Cleveland Clinic, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE for an appointment with a cardiologist at Desk F15.