Heart Disease Expert Forum
Three children with same defect
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Three children with same defect
I have four kids my first son was born healthy. My second child was born with a VSD and it closed up on its own by a year old. My third child (different dad than the first two) was born with a VSD and a ASD and went through heart failure had to have surgery at 2 months old. I am now expecting our fourth child (second together) and just found out that he also has a VSD and they wont know how bad it is until he is born. I just want to know why three of my kids have had it and what exactly how much the risk goes up with each child.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1685247_tn?1305573085
It is not possible to answer your question with any certainty without providing much more information. There certainly may be a genetic or familial component to frequency of ventricular septal defect (VSD) in your children. I suggest you discuss with a physician who can provide the appropriate genetic counselling.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
My third child that went through heart failure has had a genetic work up done on her because of other health issues and nothing was found...
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now