Heart Disease Expert Forum
Throbbing in chest
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Throbbing in chest

I have this squeezing throbbing down deep on my chest that is likened to someone having their hand in there squeezing something.   Only way I can describe it it's like a narrowed area of a pipe and where the pipe narrows pressure builds up at the entry end.   This is amplified with sluggish intense throbbing for example when I first stand up.    I feel dull pressure in my chest most of the time, at rest or not, and I have horrid fatigue, lightheadedness, especially during exercise, and early heartbeats that I've never had before.      My echo, EKG chest Xray and blood tests were all normal.   This illness , whatever it is, is bringing me to my knees, please help me.
Related Discussions
242509_tn?1196926198
Not really sure what this could be, but you may need a stress test since it occurs after exercise. Apart from that a Holter monitor may show an arrhythmic cause of these symptoms.
3 Comments
Blank
And random, brief blood pressure drops, especially while standing and after exercise.
Blank
Doc, a quick follow up question if I may??
sorry I forgot to mention I had a nuclear test on the same day as my echo and it was OK.    Do I maybe need a chest scan to look at my aorta, or something like that?   Or does an echo rule out that?    Or a MRI of the heart?               You say that it occurs after exercise, this is not really the case.   It is pretty much a looming awareness of pulsing in my chest 75% of the time and it's made worse when I first stand up.     I have weakness and feel lightheaded with it the time even with normal arm pressure.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity