Heart Disease Community
Throbbing in neck.
About This Community:

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Throbbing in neck.

I have a weird, question.  Im not sure where to post this. But its concerning me.   I just got this pain in my neck,  And I dont feel any pain if I am still, but if i cough, or tilt my head down and back up, I get a throbbing, pulsating pain.  Like a feeling of pressure.  in my neck.  I am 27 year old male.   Im worried that its something like an anuerism or something in the neck artery.  Any ideas what can cause this?  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i have the same symptoms. i am 22 and just started graduate school, i went to the doctor and they just played it off as "stress induced" but i don't believe them. I have no idea what it is... i hope you feel better!
Blank
I am a 57 year old female...I am taking statins or trying to find the correct statin...now using pravastatin, 80mg....I am not a heart patient, so first I feel that 80mg is too much, my man only takes 40mg and he had open heart surgery.   Now when I take this statin at night and lay there watching TV, my veins pulsate..as if they are clogged and can't get blood flowing through the veins, but when I grab the neck on BOTH sides...pulsation stops....at times it feels as though my heart alarm goes off and sounds like a car alarm...weird...now when I took TylenolPM it did the same thing..is there a test to see if the neck veins are clogged?     I don't come to this forum much, in fact got worried and just found it....I can be reach at gary  logan  at  atlantic b b dot net if any one has any info...my doctor wants me to try red rice yeast, but the OTC red rice yeast ( the good ones) were taken off the market in 1999...or should I just ask the doc for  'Lovastatin'--it is made from the red rice yeast...confused what to do!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity