Heart Disease Expert Forum
Timing of medicine effectiveness and natural blood thinners
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Timing of medicine effectiveness and natural blood thinners

What are the medical advantages/disadvantages of metoprolol vs. toprol besides the convenience? I am taking toprol in the a.m. but many of my palpitations are when I'm sleeping (I wake up in the middle of the night with them) and am wondering if taking the toprol in the evening would be more effective. I know that it is supposed to last 24 hours but it must tail off toward the end, which would be when I need it the most.

I'm taking aspirin now but what do you think of vitamins E and C and garlic supplements as blood thinners? My episodes don't last anywhere near the 48 hour mark which is supposed to be the point when clotting becomes a concern (is this still correct?)but the episodes are frequent and the cardio is bringing the issue of coumadin at some point.

I read where someone said that he believes via his MD that exercising while in afib helps decrease the chance of clotting because it increases the circulation. Opinion?

Thank you!