Tingling hand and SVT
I am 26 years old and had a heart murmer as a baby that cleared up on it's own.  When I was an early teen (13-14 years old), I would experience heart palpitations.  I never had the paIpitations checked out, but they also stopped happening after a while.  About a month ago, I was at work and my heart started pounding out of my chest.  I went to the hospital where they recorded my heart rate at 235 bpm.  I was then told I have SVT. Since then, I have experienced tingling in my left hand and have not been able to get anything from my doctors except that this is due to "anxiety".  I have had an echocardiogram done and the doctor said everything looked fine.  I have been very bothered by the tingling hand.  Also, a couple of doctors have recomended the Catheter Ablation for the SVT.  I have not had any occurrences since the one about a month ago.  Has anyone ever had the tingling hand from SVT and also has anyone had the Ablation Procedure?

Sincerely,

LSULady
Yes and yes, 235 bpm is very high, the highist I ever had was 186. My SVT only happened every 4 to 6 mo's, but I would have to go to the E.R. each time. Ablation was no big deal and I went home same day. I had tingling in left arm for a long time, probably some slight neurological damage in my case, you don't get very good blood flow with SVT. Just be sure to get a good Ablationist if going this route.
I had Ablation done, 05/11/2007.  Electro Cardiologist did Mapping and EP studies before going ahead with Ablation.  I went home the next day.
I am glad to hear that the tingling could be from the SVT.  Yes, the doctors agree 235 was very high.  I saw 2 different doctors and they both recomended the ablation.  I have scheduled to have it done on Jan 25th.  I am going to a specialist that one of my doctors has sent other patients to and had good results.  I am nervous, but I think it will work out just fine.
Thanks! Couldn't get private message to work, though. If have any concerns before ablation let me know.