Toprol and Alcohol
I'm taking 1 25mg Toprol every night at 8pm. My cardio advised me to take it at night in case it made me tired, which it didn't. I have some parties and weddings coming up and I'm wondering if it's safe to drink alcohol (wine, beer, mixed rum drinks), while taking Toprol?

I just don't want to do something to injure myself. Thanks to anyone who can help.
My dad is on a middle of the road dose of Atenolol, and he has a very occasional drink if he goes to a party or is out with friends.  He usually keeps it to one though, as the Beta Blocker and the alcohol can act on each other and it's not a recommended combination.  If you choose to drink, definitely limit your consumption.
I don't drink very often, but when I do I skip my evening dose of toprol.
I have a party to go to tonight, so I took my Toprol at 5pm instead of 8pm, so when I go out at 9, it hasn't just been taken.

I'm definitely not going to overdo it. A few drinks at most. Thanks so much to everyone who answered.
Hi *Robin*,

I take Toprol XL, 50mg in the morning.  I, like you, wanted to be able to have an occasional drink and did not want to injure myself.  I asked my cardio and also the pharmacist and they both gave me the same answer.  A little alcohol is okay.  I have consumed, at the most, two beers in one evening.  I have done this with no problems.  I am afraid to have any more than this.  I don't do this very often either.  The most I've ever done it was once a week for a couple of weeks in a row.  I did not skip my Toprol when doing this.  Hope this helps.
i started taking 25 mg toprol at 1400 each day about four weeks ago, about ten days ago i dropped the dose to 12.5 because it was making me so tired and my cardio insisted it wasn't the toprol-despite the fact it started about an hour after my first dose and didn't relent til i cut the dose...

i have started taking it at about 0900 hours rather t han 1400 and every couple days or so i have some beers...3-6 24 oz 6% beers, i do not skip doses.

i have not noticed any symptoms from this other than i seem to get a buzz quite allot quicker, and i get hangovers which i didnt use to.

i can't find anything anywhere stating that it is "bad" to drink on the Toprol..I have not asked cardio or pharmacist, neither of which know i even drink at all.