Heart Disease Expert Forum
Treatment

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Treatment

I am a 50 year old female diagnosed at 30 with heart flutter and mitral valve prolapse.  My entire life I have experienced palpitations and fatique - very common for me.  I currently take
Lanoxin and Topral once daily.
Monday I experienced SVT with a heart rate of 169 along with severe chest pain and burning, sweating and faint.  I contacted my cardiologist and was sent to the emergency room and treated with two shots of Adenocin to stop my rapid rate and was admitted and monitored.  I consented to a heart cath that was done on Wednesday with a negative report for any blocked arteries but was told I have a congenital defect that the cardiac team is uncertain about and have never seen before.  I do not have the final report as we speak.  It seems there are three veins in the heart muscle that widen too much when the dye went in.  Has anyone ever heard of such a problem and what should I do about this.  I have three children that I am very concerned about if this is a congenital condition.  Please help.
I would need more information.  You might have what is called ectasia  of the arteries but difficult to say.  Please provide additional details.

I hope this has been useful. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to write back.

Information provided here is for general purposes only. Specific questions should be addressed to your own
     doctor. If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call
     1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter. The Heart
     Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to
     address your cardiac problem.