Tricor
Last year I had my cholesterol tested after a long stretch without having it checked and my trigs came back at 2174.  I had always said no to statins in the past because I had infectious hepatitis (not any type C, caught it from my younger brother) as a child and feared I had liver damage from that.  But when the doctor called after that test I decided I would try Tricor. (fenofibrate I think is what it is) I took it for a month, then stopped, then again a month later  took it for a month. Then stopped again. My brother jumped all over me this year and is forcing me to take it. We have a family history of heart disease and he said it's in our genes and that I needed the med. Okay, so I have been taking it now for 2 months straight and something I have noticed is that the vasospasms or variant angina has gone.  I haven't had any episodes at all!  I wouldn't think there would be any correlation between taking the Tricor and vasospams. Is it just coincidence and the fact that they have subsided is because of my diet and exercise? Or is it possible that there is somthing about the Tricor that has stopped them? Anyone know?  Thanks, Ally
I've been on Tricor for years without any issues. I have never read that this is a benefit of fenofibrates. I think your life style changes have more to do with it. Either way, enjoy the break!

Jon
Thanks, Jon. I have to agree. Besides they came back last night with a vengeance.  Was awakened 4 times with one, and all I did this morning was walk to the bathroom and had a strong one.  It's hell living with these at times. They mimic a heart attack everytime. But the Nitro releives the pain all the time. Take care and I enjoy your responses.  Ally