Triple Bypass - Blood Clot
My father recently had triple bypass surgery.  While home recovering he gained close to 45 pounds in water.  He was monitored by his physician and we contacted his cardiologist in regards to the weight gain.  They increased his lacex and added another medication to see if it would help in getting rid of the water.  On a recent follow up with the cardiologist he admitted my father to the hospital.  He felt as though his leg had a blockage.  It turns out that he has blockage in both legs.  They were able to put stints in the left leg but unable to address the right leg due to the determination that he has a blood clot behind his heart.  They have him on heprin and coumidin to see if this will dissolve the blood clot.  He has an increased heart rate between 120 - 130.  The are unable to shock the heart due to the blood clot.  

I am wondering if the blood clot is a common occurrence with triple by-pass.  To make this a little more interesting my father is a diabetic.  The incision on the leg is now infected.  What course of treatment should be used?  This is a very trying time for my family as my father is the center of our world.  We want him to recover as quickly as possible.  Is there anyting we should ask the doctor in regards to his care?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.