Heart Disease Community
Trivial Mital and Tricuspid Regrugitation with dilated aortic root.

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

I just recently had an echocardiogram done and a stress test. My stress test came back normal. My echocardiogram came back and before I got my results for that I seen where the technician wrote down something about "Mild PI". Does anyone know what that means. Well, the impression of my echo says that the study quality is good, but I have trivial and tricuspid regrugitation. It also said that my aoritc root it dilated. The size of that is 3.5 cm. I am so worried about my self. I have always been the type of person who looks pale. I lost a lot of weight this year and I do get very tired. The last time i went to the dentist to get some work done they used the maximum amout of novacane or whatever they use these days and couldn't even get my tooth numb enough to work on it. I felt really wierd my chest felt wierd. Since, April I have been feeling like my heart skips beats and feeling like I can't breathe. Like my left side is really heavy. There was once when I had a pain down my left arm that would not go away. I have chest pains sometimes. My cardiologist looked at my reports and said I am just going to worry my self that trivial means it isn't really worth mentioning and they don't do anything with the aortic root until it gets to 5.0 cm. I am really scared. I think about it all of the time and I am only 21 years old. i have a son who is 3 years old. Can someone help me or does anyone have an opinion on this? I talked to my heart docters nurse and she said my heart docter wants to see me back in a year 1/2. If i am still having chest discomfort that it could be something else. I told her i'm afraid my aortic root will get bigger and burst and she said i am worrying way to much.
According to my reference normal aortic root is 2.0-3.7 cm.  When an aortic root exceeds 4.0 cm it is referred to as an aneurysm.  You do not have a current aortic root issue.  If the dilation is increasing, it would grow at 0.05 cm from 6 to 12 months.  A year and a half does not put you at any risk.  IOn fact it may not increase at all!
What do you know about the trivial mitral and tricuspid regrugiation? I am worried about that to. I can't stop thinking about this. Since I have found out I have been losing sleep. I can't go on with my normal ways of how I use to be. Do you have any other opinions? Thanks for the aortic root opinion. That relieved some of the stress!
Mild and trivial regurg are considered medically insignificant when the valves are structually normal. You're OK.  Not uncommon, no need to worry.